Karl Xydexx Jorgensen
Karl Xydexx Jorgensen has extensive desktop publishing and graphics experience. He began working on proposals in 1993 with Microsoft Office, and has expanded his skills to include Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat. He also dabbles a bit in HTML.
Karl specializes in desktop publishing and graphic design. He has held the position of Publications Director at Anthrocon, Inc. (a 501-c-7 non-profit organization in Pittsburgh, PA) for more than a decade. He is responsible for managing production of the convention's printed materials, coordinating advertising, and serving as media liaison.
Last modified 19:15, 04 February 2017
273 Broadway is a historical research project studying the block of buildings located on Broadway between Chambers Street and Reade Street in New York City. These buildings have addresses between 273 and 281 Broadway. This block was known as the Granite Buildings in the 1840s, and in 1841 was the site of the murder of printer Samuel Adams by John C. Colt. The Irving House hotel opened at this location in 1848, occupying the entire west side of Broadway from Chambers to Reade. In 1856 the Irving House was entirely demolished except for the first floor on the corner of Broadway and Chambers; this would become Delmonico's until October 26, 1876. In 1857, W.P. Fetridge & Co. moved to 281 Broadway.
In 1871, John B. Snook designed 287 Broadway for the estate of Stephen Storm, a grocery and tobacco seller; this building still exists today. 281-283 Broadway were the showroom of Remington, manufacturer of guns, typewriters, and sewing machines from 1873-1882. From 1883-1884, 279, 281-283 Broadway was occupied by Bradstreet's. On April 19, 1883 there was a disastrous fire at 283 Broadway attributed to spontaneous combustion of ammunition in the cellar. Bradstreet Press is still at 279-283 Broadway in 1891. 1893 is first mention of the Hillen Building at 275 Broadway; it would be demolished in 1899 to make way for the Broadway-Chambers Building which still exists today.
Kensico was a small crossroads village that was inundated by the Kensico Reservoir in 1916.